B. V. Raju College is one of the premier educational institution running under Shri Vishnu Educational Society and Dr. B. V. Raju Foundation. This college was established in year 1999. Padmabhushan Dr. B.V. Raju, is the founder chairman. This college recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmahendravarm.
BVRC is reinforced by its steering members headed by the Chairman Sri K.V.Vishnu Raju, Vice-Chairman Sri R. Ravichandran, Secretary Sri K Aditya Vissam, and Director Dr D Suryanarayana.
The Department has grown from strength to strength since its inception in 1999. It offers 2 years MCA programme. The Department is having dedicated faculty to inculcate value-based and technology education for overall development of students and society. Excellent academic results, high-end computer labs, well-defined and documented academic and administrative processes and student counselling sessions (personal and academic) Are the core strengths of the department.
The department is conducting Faculty and student Development Programs, Conferences, Seminars, Symposium and workshops on various emerging areas and technologies through our Vishnu Educational Development Innovation Centre. The guest lectures are arranged through our Student ALUMNI who are working in software Development of reputed MNC's. Eminent professors and industry resource persons are invited from reputed IT industries to address the students on IT related areas. All the qualified students are placed in different MNC's and we are providing Internships also. To maintain global standards in teaching and learning, successful placement and consistent 100% admission in the department are the hallmarks of the department.
To become a globally recognized Educational and research institution and thereby contributes to information technology and socio-economic development of the nation.
To foster a culture of excellence in academics, research, innovation and entrepreneurship, by providing necessary resources for student generations and create an environment for technology-based learning for success in their careers.
The educational objectives of the MCA program at B. V. Raju College are to enable the students to have a holistic training to become a thorough professional in the field of Information Technology.
Students are trained to have a sound foundation in the fundamentals of computer technology, a high level of practical skill in the use of that technology and at the same time, be sensitive to the issues prevailing in the society. The Alumni of the department are all well placed in top positions of the major IT companies in India and abroad.
- The department has well qualified and experienced faculty to handle various subjects of the Master's program.
- The department is capably headed by the principal Dr. I. R. Krishnam Raju, Doctorate in Computer Science and Engineering, Dr.V.Bhaskara Murthy, Head of the department, Doctorate in Computer Science and Engineering.
- The department of MCA has associations / MOU's with IT Companies and students are involved in developing automation systems for them. The MOU IT Companies are providing internships to final year MCA students and they are observed as full time employee after completion of Internships.
- The Information Technology (IT) inter-collegiate National Symposium - ASPIRE, organized by the department every year is a high profile event and students are participating in Technical quiz, Paper Presentations and Hackathon from all colleges in Andhra Pradesh and also students from Telangana.
- The student’s IT Club plans and executes a number of activities by involving students in both curricular and co-curricular activities, through which the students learn a number of skills like team-interaction, planning and managing events, leadership skills, etc.
- Strong industry-institute interaction in the form of Guest Lectures by top industrial & technical experts and HR personnel, Industrial Visits, Workshops and Seminars are carried out at regular intervals.
- Support for students participation in inter-collegiate technical and cultural activities. Industrial visits to IT companies every semester/year. More than 80% of the students are getting results with Distinction and the remaining coming up with First Classes.
- The average pass percentage of the students is 88% every year.
- The students are encouraged to carry out their academic projects in Machine Learning, IoT, Full Stack Web Based applications using different Advanced technologies.
- MCA is a Two years Program with one full semester dedicated to Academic Project.
- It has the specialized papers like Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics and Foundations of Data Science.
- Students have to attend one MOOCS course in SWAYAM Portal and also two months Summer Internship Program.
- Students are provided Placement Training and Job Opportunities in MNC based IT companies.
- Students are given in-house Training for 4 days by Vedic in Hyderabad on Leadership Skills, Technical & Professional Skills.
- IOT Training by AICTE Idea Labs.
- Full Stack Development by IT Professionals.
- Supporting Summer Internship in reputed IT Companies.
- Content sharing through Online Vishnu LMS Portal.
- Conducting National Conferences, Workshops and Guest Lectures.
- Specialized training on Language Communication and spoken English Classes.
- Conducting of Mini Hackathons.
The well-established Training & Development division of B. V. Raju College and Vishnu Campus institutes, designs training augmentation and workshops on both technical and non-technical topics which includes :
- Big data analytics including : Hadoop & Spark
- Cloud Computing Using AWS
- PYTHON & PHP
- Web technology tools including: Apache, Angular JS, React JS, Django, Boot strap, MongoDB, CSS etc.,
VEDIC – Student Programs
- Intellectual Learning in Computer Applications (4 Days)
- Aspiration for Career Excellence (1 Day)
- Self Managing Skills (1 Day)
- Student Project Expo ( Monthly Once)
Campus Placement Training
- Training on Aptitude, reasoning, English language skills
- Technical Sessions
- MOCK Interviews
- Online practice Tests using Vishnu LMS
Workshops conducted during 2022-23 academic years:
- Applications of AI, Role of Data Science by Dr.PSEN Krishna Prasad.
- JAVA in Industry by Ms.P.Rama Manasa.
- Advanced Programming Concepts in PHP by Mr.R.Rama Rao.
- Workshop on Personal Excellence by Dr.V.Bhaskara Murthy.
- Full Stack Development Workshop by Mr.G.Ravichander.
- Programming Techniques including logic and problem solving skills by Mr.G.Madan Mohan.
- Machine Learning with Python by Dr.P.Sita Rama Murthy.
- Impact of Public Key Cryptography on Information Security by Dr.Srinivasa Naresh Vankamamidi.
- Technical Interactive Tips by Mr.PC Varma.
- Summer Internship Training by Mr.R.Srinivas.
- Machine Learning and its applications by Train-A-Tech pvt ltd and v Cube Software solutions.
- Internet of Things by Dr.K.V.S.H.Gayathri Sarman.